Friday, May 25, 2012

CPCF-Laundry Store


CPCF-Laundry Store



Hey now! Look who remembered to post a Crazy Phone Call Friday post!! Meeeee!!!! How about them apples? I know, I have no life and I should remember to post more frequently because this blog sometimes helps give me hope that my job isn’t one of the most pointless jobs in America. But anyway! I have another good one for ya on this wonderful Friday…Enjoy!

I was working on another story in Microsoft Word when the phone rang, I folded the computer up and answered the phone, “Love Lips how can I help you?”

“Yeah this is the _____ laundry store?” I’m usually good with accents but this man had a very thick and mumble-filled Indian accent and I have no idea which laundry store he was asking about.

“No sir this is Love Craft the Novelty Store…” This is when people go ‘Oh my they gave me the wrong number, sorry hon’, but today wasn’t going to be one of those days…

“No this is ______ laundry store. 410- * * *- * * * *” He said firmly.

“Yes, that’s our number but this is an Adult Sore, called Love Craft…” I said in an equally firm tone.

“410- * * *- * * * * is laundry store!” He said again in a tempered tone.

“Sir, someone gave you the wrong number, this is a SEX store, NOT a laundry store!” I said very clearly and pointedly.

“O-Oh…” He said kin of slowly, I thought I had won the argument until he said again in a heated tone, “But the phone book says 410- * * *- * * * * is laundry store”

“Well then it must be a misprint because it’s the wrong number” How many more ways could I say we didn’t have big washers and dryers where people wash their unmentionables for a certain amount of money??

“Well then it must be printed wrong” He said matter-of-factly.

Didn’t I just say that? “I’m sorry but it is printed wrong”

“Ok” He said huffily.

“Have a good day” He hung up on me without another word. All I could think was it was only 10am and that a great way to start the day…NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment