Friday, January 6, 2012

CFCP- Hired Males

CPCF- Hired Males



YAY!!!! It’s another CPCF entry! I was getting very sad with the lack of fun conversations I’ve had on the phone with people lately. Sure we’ve had some special wrong 411 calls but nothing that was blog worthy. Then around Christmas we got a phone call worthy of being written so here it is, the first CPCF that we’ve had in a long time and also the very first CPCF for 2012!!



The phone rang, I begrudgingly put down my book and hit the ‘Talk’ button and said, “Love Lips, how can I help you?”

“Hi, I was wondering if you hired males?” A younger sounding man said on the other line.

“Excuse me?” I sadly was thinking he was talking about prostitutes.

“Are you hiring?” He said with a sardonic voice then continued before I could answer, “I’ve been calling all over Dundalk and no one is hiring. You’re the last store on my list…” He said in a tired voice, “So do you, like, have an application or hire at all?”

Wow…Alright then… “I’m sorry but we’re not hiring right now but I can print you out an application if you come in. We’re a smaller store and don’t hire often because we don’t have a big turnover rate, I’m sorry. But I’d be happy to print you an application” I said in a very sympathetic voice, I was unemployed for 6 months before I finally got a call from Love Lips, so I know how hard it is to find a job. I also know some people take applications to prove to unemployment they’re looking for jobs.

“Oh ok…” He said in a defeated voice but then said in a slightly annoyed tone, “I wasn’t even sure you hired male workers” He said it slowly and clearly like he was trying to make a point.

Instant irritation hit me. Seriously? You’re going to be a jack-ass to me after I apologized when I didn’t have to? Grrr!!!!Ass-hat! So I said in a strong voice to be very clear, “Of course we hire men. If we didn’t that would be discrimination and sexist. We had two men working at one point so I’m not sure where you’re going with this…”

“O-Oh………Ok well thanks!” He hung up in a hurry.

This isn’t the 1800’s where jobs were defined by sex…not to mention most adult stores are usually all men- at least all the ones I’ve ever been in. What an ass-hat. But at least it made for a good story, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment