Friday, September 14, 2012

CPCF-Black Area


CPCF-Black Area

 

Hello my lovely SfaPS Followers! This is super exciting for me, I dunno about you guys but it feels like forever since I’ve written anything new. I was getting scared Love Lips was turning me too cynical to find anything humorous about some of the special encounters I have. But this week has proven to me that it’s not me, there just weren’t any good stories to write about. As I write this now I have to admit I am forming a theory; the crazies seem to come out of the wood work after summer. Why? They no longer can creep outside because it’s just too cold. Granted it’s not too cold yet here in Maryland but it’s almost Fall and I guess the weirdo’s are prepping me for all the crazies that are to come later on in the season.

Since it’s been so slow in the writing department I have been bringing the computer to work to work on the logo for the craft store I own with a few friends on Etsy. Today wasn’t any different; I was working hard to get our logo made in Photoshop. It was a relatively quiet day and as the afternoon rolled around the phone rang. Sighing as I released the mouse I picked up the receiver and hit the ‘talk’ button and said, “Love Lips, how can I help you?”

“Hi there, I was wondering if you had viewing booths?” A man’s voice said over the phone in a very pleasant tone.

This was a frequently asked question as of late and I was sad to say, “No, I’m sorry we don’t have viewing booths anymore.”

“Do you know of any other locations that do?” He said; it was a very common question once they realized we didn’t have them in our store anymore.

 “Our sister store on Rossville Blvd does, lemme give you their number” I read Rossville’s number to him and after a slight pause from his end I expected the conversation to be coming to an end. I was actually getting ready to say ‘have a nice day’ when he said, “Do you know if they have glory holes….?” He said timidly.

“I’m not sure” I said honestly, Rossville had been inspected a few months ago and usually when that happens the “glory holes” get covered up because it’s technically illegal to have sex in the booths because it’s borderline prostitution.

“Well, do you know if it’s a ‘black area’?” He said plainly.

If music was playing it would’ve ripped right here. Did he really just ask if it was a black area? My first thought was that he was racist and I do NOT tolerate such bigotry so I said in a heated tone, “I…um…wow…This is America, so I would assume there might possibly be black people that go to that store but I really don’t know if it’s considered a ‘black area’. I haven’t worked there in over 2 years so I’m not familiar with the cliental.”  Seriously, who did this guy think he was? I’m not black and I find that question offensive!

There was a decent pause on his end before he said, “Oh, ok….well I was just asking because I just recently had my first black man experience and would like to have it again so do you know if there are a lot of black men that go to that location?” His tone of voice was neutral as if I didn’t just kind of yell at him.

I had to bite my tongue. I felt silly for not realizing he meant he was looking for a black man to have sex with, he wasn’t racist. But, after working in Dundalk I had come across my fair share of racist people. On the flip side I was even more annoyed he didn’t listen to anything I just said, as I breathed in to answer him all I could think was; I swear to God, people don’t listen to what I say, I might as well be talking to a wall, But thankfully I tapped my inner bitch down enough to say, “Sir, as I said before; I haven’t worked there in over TWO years so I am NOT familiar with the cliental. You’ll have to call Rossville and ask because I do not know.”

“Do you think they’ll know if black guys go back there a lot?” He asked.

I felt my stress eye twitch kick in, “You will have to call Rossville, ok? I don’t work at that location.”

FINALLY it sunk in that I DIDN’T know if there was a hot black man waiting to screw him in the viewing booth area and he said, “Alright”

Before he could ask me again if I knew anything about the white to black ratio of the viewing booths in Rossville I said, “Have a good day” and hung up.

I feel like today’s story deserves a ‘moral of the story’ line but after writing this my eye is twitching so badly I am just going to say this; if you are asking a question that involves a person of a different color….if you can’t think of a respectful way to ask….DON’T ASK! I completely believe color doesn’t matter, we’re all human beings but that doesn’t mean some of the words that fall out of your mouth can be understood by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment