Thursday, October 6, 2011

Would you like to...?

Would you like to…?

Oh how could I forget this story? As I was revolving slowly in circles at working during some serious dead time I was going through my mental archive of special stories and happened to remember a very special situation I was placed into last winter.
It was a little bit after the big blizzard of 2010 and Love Lips was suffering from people not wanting to drive and buy things like sex toys, not that I blamed them, it was a nasty winter. But that day the sun was peeking out from behind the clouds and I saw more cars in the parking lot than I had seen in a while. The Love Lips jingle to announce we finally had a customer. At first I was excite for a potential customer but then someone let the wind out of my sails because he looked like he was only 15 so I said in a mono-tone voice, “Can I see your ID, hon?”
“Sure” He said with a pleasant smile and showed me his ID, he was 22.
“Thanks, we have to card everyone who looks young” I always feel silly checking ID’s but know it’s necessary.
“It’s all good” He said with another smile as he started to look in the case at the lubes. “Are these all the lubes you have?”
“Yep. What were you looking for?” We have a glass case by the register that houses smaller items and lubes, the whole bottom shelf is dedicated to them yet people never can seem to find them.
“I’m looking for a lube called ID, do you have any?”
“Hmm” I got out of the chair and bent down to look in the counter, I had no one else ever ask for that besides one other guy who came in on monthly bases for one type. “We only have Mint and Bubble Gum”
“You don’t have Banana or Strawberry?”
“No, I’m sorry.” Didn’t I just say what kind we had? Oi vey. “I can order those flavors for you if you want.”
“That’d be great” He smiled again.
“Alright check back with me in a week and I’ll get what I can, do you want it to be a bigger bottle or the same size as the Bubble Gum?”
“Same size if you can. Thank you, I’ll check back”
I was sad he didn’t buy anything but I was glad that a nice person came into the store as my first customer of the day.
*~~*Two Weeks Later*~~*
I want to say that if my memory serves me correctly he didn’t come back until two weeks later I told him to come back a week later. I was worried he wasn’t coming back for the things I ordered for him but people seemed to like the new additions. Luckily for him when he came back we had both in stock. The Love Lips jingle sounded and in walks the same nice African American man. “Good morning”
“Good morning to you” He said with another pleasant smile.
“I got those lubes you requested in.” I got out of my chair again and pulled out both of the lubes to show him.”
“Those are exactly what I’m looking for. I think though today I’ll take the banana one” Beggars can’t be choosers, I rang him up for the one lube and we made small talk. He was easy to talk to because he didn’t act all wigged out from being in a sex store and most of his jokes were kind of funny. I was happy to be able to have a civil conversation for once. But as I was putting  the money into my drawer he said, “I have a funny sort of question for you”
“I get lots of questions and most of them are legit, what’s up?” I said as I handed him back his change.
“My girlfriend and I have agreed to experiment more and we’re looking into swinging.” I waited for more of the story before I said anything, so I sat down and looked at him questioningly. “Are there any magazines with swingers clubs or date lines? We’re looking to add another woman into our relationship”
I picked up the Xtreme Magazine our store sometimes carries with local clubs and what-not. I personally could never imagine myself in a polyandrous relationship and I tip my hat at the people who can because it sounds like too much work and just doesn’t fit with who I am. “This is a local listening of clubs and such; they may have a club or two…” I smiled as I handed it to him.
“Thank you…” He said as he held the magazine and he looked lost in thought.
“You alright?” I said, he looked torn about something and thus far and been nothing but nice to me so I’d hate for him to not be OK from something I said.
“I really meant to ask you. You seem like a really nice woman, beautiful and caring. I wanted to know if you wanted to be our first girlfriend? I think my girlfriend would really like you.”
I was stunned and actually kind of flattered. I never thought 1) I’d be asked that and 2) be ok with being asked that. He said it in such a sincere tone and un-predatorily so I wasn’t worried saying how I really felt, “I’m flattered. But I’m in a monogamous relationship. But thank you. I hope you two find someone good for your relationship” I said with a genuine smile.
“Oh. Alright then. Have a good day” He smiled back and left totally unashamed of asking me.
Who would’ve thought you CAN be asked to be in a three-some in a nice way?

No comments:

Post a Comment