Friday, August 26, 2011

Crazy Phone Call Friday: Are You a Diner??

Are You a Diner??

It’s Crazy Phone Call Friday!!!! I love Crazy Phone Call Friday! Don’t you? This one actually happened this week.
I was reading my book like I do every afternoon while the store is quiet when the phone rang. After marking my spot and sliding the rolly chair over to the phone I pressed the “Talk” Button and said cheerfully into the receiver, “Hello, Love Lips?”
The woman’s thick Dundalk accent rang loudly into the earpiece making my ear drum protest, “WHO IS THIS??”
“You’ve reached Love Lips the Adult Store….Can I help you??” I said in a mildly irritated voice. There really was no reason to yell at me lady, YOU called ME!
She started talking to someone unknown in the background, “They gave me a sex store’s number, why would they give me THAT number?! I was trying to get a hold of the Boulevard Diner!”
How is this my fault? But to be nice I said, “I’m sorry ma’am we’re definitely not a diner”
“Why the fuck would they give me your number instead of the diner’s?! Is this 410-* * *- * * * *!? Cuz that’s the number they gave me!”
Wow…no need to get nasty, woman! “Yes that is our number for this store…I’m sorry ma’am that it’s wrong but it sadly happens often, I’m not sure why they sent you my number…”
“I still don’t understand!! Why would they give me an adult store’s number? I want the diner’s number!” I heard soft talking on the other side in response to her question; apparently she must’ve forgotten I was still on the phone? “Do YOU have the number for the diner?” She directed at me.
“No ma’am I do not, I’m sorry”
“What the fuck! This is ridiculous! Yeah OK, whatever” She hung up on me.
I’m sorry but I think I should’ve been the one to sat WTF to YOU because I was definitely not the issue. I posted this event in short hand on Facebook and a good friend of mine had a point, maybe they sent her my number because she needs to buy something to relax a little. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment