Friday, November 18, 2011

CPCF- Is This...?

CPCF- Is This…?



I’m not sure why 411 gives people Love Lips number to people but it’s quite amusing some people’s reaction.



The phone rang and I walked from outside of the fish bowl inside and hit the ‘Talk’ button and I said, “Hello, this is Love Lips, can I help you?”

“What is this?” the lady said in a thick Dundalk accent.

“Love Lips?”

“I-I’m sorry I really can’t understand you”

“Love-Lips” I said each syllable as clearly as I could.

“Nope….still can’t hear you; this is supposed to be Giant, the super market”

I sighed and said, “Ma’am you have the wrong number, this is L-o-v-e L-i-p-s, the Adult Novelty Store”

“Ooooohhhh!” She said like I had finally decided to speak English after speaking foreign language a few times. I shook my head. “I just called 411 and this is the number they gave me. I wonder why they gave me your number” She said confused and huffy.

“You’d be surprised at how many times we get phone calls from wrong 411 connections. Sorry about that”

“It’s all good, have a nice day” She said.

“You too” I said. I hung up the phone and waited for the call back. Usually we get 2-3 calls from the same person because the 411 people apparently don’t get the message that they are giving their customers the same number over again. But luckily I didn’t have to have another awkward conversation that day. Though let’s be honest, if you could buy your groceries AND dildo’s all at the same place, it would definitely be convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment