Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hash Anyone?

Hash Anyone?



Besides people thinking that the Weed Card Game we have in the glass case is real weed this was an interesting story that happened few months ago in the Summer time that I thought you guys would find equally amusing.

It was a very hot day and I was lucky to have AC in the little shop-o-toys. It was already climbing up to 80 degrees and it was only a little after 10 in the morning. I was looking outside at the bright day wondering how ungodly hot it was going to be when I got home when a young guy walked into the store. He had to be in his 20’s and was wearing a wife-beater tank with long shorts that really could have been considered pants but he looked like a normal looking guy even if he was dressed semi-wigger-ish. I said brightly, “Good morning, if I can help you with anything let me know, ok?”

“Thanks” He said very politely, “I’m just looking at your glass products” He walked over to the case and looked into the window at the ‘water pipes’ and ‘tobacco’ products.

I personally don’t find everyone’s fascination with getting high but it’s something that half the country does to cope with today’s stressful life-style. To each their own, right?

“Is this all you got in tobacco products?”

“Yup”

“Oh, well that’s alright, I stopped smokin’ a while ago, it just got old, ya know?”

I nodded, not really sure what to say because I couldn’t claim to understand because I had never smoked, not even cigarettes.

“It’s so hot out today, you don’t mind if I hang out here for a second do ya?”

“Nope, go ahead” I said casually, I couldn’t blame him for wanting to suck up some cold air before going back out into the heat. We made small talk, I’m sad to report that I don’t remember what we talked about but we talked for a good 10 minutes and eventually we ran out of things to talk about.

“Well, thanks for the air, have a great day, Ms.”

I smiled and said, “Thanks for keeping me company, have a great day”

“You too now” He opened the Love Lips door and then before he walked through it he turned to say, “Before I go, I wanted to ask you one more thing”

“Yes?” I was confused as to what he could possibly have left to ask, maybe our hours? Oh was I sadly wrong.

“Do you need any hash?”

Hash? Studiously? Ugh…So he was making nice talk so he could eventually ask the main question he had, did I want to buy marijuana…I smiled very tightly and said, “No I don’t smoke that…thank you.”

“Oh, alright, have a good day” And with that he swept from the Love Lips building looking as casual as could be. I would’ve never suspected someone like him to be a dealer but then again this is Dundalk, it takes all kinds, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment