Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Eyes of Horus

The Eyes of Horus



Remember how I asked what happened to the good ole’ days when crazy stuff happened day-to-day and I wished it was like that again so I had a story for you every day? My wish was granted!! This next story happened last week and I almost forgot to write about it until I re-read Face Book posts during the time I was sick. I was really too sick to think straight let alone write a coherent blog post. But this was a winner of a story.

I was starting to get super sick at this point, I was eating a lot of vitamin C and sucking on cough drops like it was my job when a younger gentleman who was definitely round in the middle reign came into the store. He looked like he pried himself away long enough from the computer RPG to throw on last week’s shorts and ratty T-Shirt to come into the store. He sauntered up to the register (before I was in a fish bowl) and said, “Hey how ya doin?”

“Pretty good, what can I help you with?”

“Yeah, can I get a 50 count of the Best Whip’s?”

Nitro must help play video games, hmm. “Ok, anything else?”

“Oh and a balloon”

“Color preference?”

“Nah, any color will due”

I picked up a blue one and a box of nitro without dropping them all over the floor, I’ve done that at least twice so far, it’s a pain in the ass. As I put them into a bag and told him his total. As he handed me the money he saw the tattoo’s on my hand.

“Oh wow did you really get your hands tattooed?”

“Yup” Nope, my two assistants draw them on every morning and are on call if I need touch-ups.

“Wow, I thought that tattoos on the hands get distorted and faded after a year or so because the hand moves so much” He looked at me like a wide-eyed three year old as he flexed his hand in a demonstration of what would cause my tattoo to fade.

“Well I’ve had mine for 3 years and they still look good. I think it depends on who does them and the design. I’ve seen some older hand tattoos that look great”

“Ah…cool. I was thinking about getting a tattoo but I have so many ideas”

I smiled at him and handed him his bag.

“Oh wow you have them on both hands! What is that symbol called the eye of…”

“The Eye of Horus. The left eye is the Eye of Horus and the right is the Eye of Ra. Together they can be called the Eyes of Ma’at, it just depends on the story teller”

“Wow so you know a lot about the mythology then?” He leaned to one side looking at me curiously.

“All of my tattoo’s are for a religious reason”

“Are you Egyptian?”

“No, I’m from South America, Chile and I’m Pagan”

“Oohh cool! So does that mean that when you put your fists together you get super powers and transform and stuff like Shhwwinngg Zzzuuup Poooof” He made obscure transformation noises on top of the already horrible ones he started making at first.

I was kind of glad I couldn’t see into his mind and see what kind of outfit and transformation pose he gave me. I laughed and said truthfully, “I wish, that’d be great!”

He smiled unsure if I was serious or not and said, “Whelp, thanks a lot!” and sauntered out of the store.

Come on let’s face it, if putting my fists together caused me to transform and kick ass really happened, that would be AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment