Thursday, November 10, 2011

Short and Not so Sweet Stories: Part II Shoes

Short and Not so Sweet Stories: Part II



Shoes?



Sadly every time I hear the word “shoes” I think of that scary you tube video of the guy dressed up as a girl named “Kelly” who sung a hauntingly weird song called “Shoes”. Just remembering it makes me sad inside. But this thankfully is not scary like that you tube video.

I was working late one night to cover (M) who was stuck at his other job when a young woman walked in, she was wearing a pound of make-up and had her hair up in that ugly top of the head messy bun that I see all the time in Dundalk, it really is not attractive. I didn’t have to guess she was a ‘dancer’ but I played ignorant just in case the off chance she wasn’t a ‘dancer’, “Good evening, can I help you find something?” Her eyes were sweeping the lingerie section expectantly.

“Do you guys have shoes?” As in stripper heels.

“No, sadly, we don’t have them anymore” I made an apologetic face.

“Nooooo!!!” She said in a drawn out tiny squeaky voice. She pouted a little as she said, “Alright, thanks”

“Sorry, have a good night”

“Night” She said to me and then threw open the door and yelled, very un-lady like, at the person waiting in the car, “THEY DON’T HAVE FUCKING SHOES!!!”

The person in the car said something I couldn’t hear and she replied, “I know, right!?” The door finally closed on the rudeness but I was laughing quietly to myself because the term “fucking shoes” could be taken more than one way. People really don’t think about what they say sometimes, oh well! It makes for good stories like these, right? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment