Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chronicles of (M): Part VI

Chronicles of (M): Part VI

Poison the YELL!
So in this wondrous city I halfway reside in, what keeps me interested is when the customers decide that of all random people they would like to vent and confide in, I am their confidant. This one is a 2 part story because it can only be told in two parts for you to fully follow what I’m trying to explain to you. So this customer, we will call him Sir Stanley who I’m pretty sure is homeless yet loves his Scream-o/Death Rock. Well he comes in, he never buys anything but he means absolutely no harm and just wants someone to talk to. Most of his stories are about how he’s looked down upon when it comes to normal society. So Sir Stanley’s drunk this day, but again he means no harm and as he talks about his usual gripe with society we somehow get to talking about music. Now me personally if you go by stereotypes, you would look at me and think I’m the Rocker type (only by stereotype). So he was talking about the band "Poison the Well", talking about how they were one of the first bands to get Scream-o/Emo/Death Metal that tends to be mainstream. Well he decides to sing to me "nerdy" by Poison the Well. Now yes, I know the song and I can definitely appreciate the song but only when it’s sung by someone who has a talent at singing. Sadly, Sir Stanley cannot sing for shit, but he starts this Scream-o growling type of thing. To anyone else you’d think he was having some sort of seizure. So I sit with an appreciative smile on my face for the 2min and 36 seconds he’s screaming lyrics to me. Afterwards, he gives me a life speech about the mistakes he’s made in life and telling me that at the age of 27 he should not have made the mistakes he’s made. This topic swiftly moves to the bands he’s met. This man jumps topic to topic so fast I could hardly keep up, not to mention he definitely was slurring his words, I could almost tell for sure that the gin was hitting him, now after all this I wonder...does he even remember this happening?
-         (M)

No comments:

Post a Comment