Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sometimes There Are No Words

Sometimes There Are No Words

That’s right; sometimes not even I know what to label a title because what just happened to me this afternoon really has no words. I was actually kinda worried I was going to run out of things to write about on here soon, but the Universe provides and never disappoints. This afternoon was a weird one and I sadly will never forget it either. We were kind of busy with waves of customers throughout the day. My shipment from the warehouse finally went back to being on Wednesday so I was happy to be moving more than I usually do while I work here at Love Lips. I had just finished up with the order and was taking a moment to myself while it was quiet when the Love Lips jingle signaled someone coming in. I saw a greasy looking man with brown/grey hair pulled into a ponytail peek his head in the doorway. He looked like he was wearing the tank top and pants he had on for a while now. Then behind him an equally unkempt woman looked around him into the store. She had a bob cut but had styled it so it puffed out at the sides and it looked like she might be a natural red head….with no teeth.
“Come on” She said clearly to him as she moved inside. I hate to be rude but I was surprised she spoke so clearly without top and bottom teeth.
“Hello guys, let me know if I can help you with anything” I said cheerfully.
“We’re just killin’ some time” She said with a toothless smile.
“We haven’t been in here in ages” He said as he itched under his shirt at his side.
“Well if you have questions let me know”
“Oh this stuff is great” She picked up a Wet (brand name) pillow that was flavored Tropical Fruit. “Have you ever used these?” She asked me.
“Nope” I really hate when people ask me that.
“Oh girl you don’t know what you’re missin’!” She said with a slight head bob.
“What?” He said as he sauntered over to her.
“These” She picked up the same pillow to show him, “I’ve used these and these” she said pointing to the head job pillow, “They’re so good”
“Hmm…” He walked back into the toy section.
“Ya know I’d have so many more toys if my Mom didn’t live at home. I mean I’m only 27, I should have a closet full of toys right?” She said with a weird laugh and toothless smile.
I smiled back not really sure how to respond, she did NOT look 27 she looked closer to 50. It’s scary how some people who are so young look so much older because of the things they must’ve gone through as young children.
“Come’re n look at these” The man said gruffly.
She walked over to the toy section and they both spent some time over there but when they went out of my line of vision I stood up and started to re-arrange things closer to where I could see them.
“We’re just lookin’” She said to me.
I smiled, I figured as much but that doesn’t mean I can trust anyone in this area.
She looked over at me, “We’re just lookin’, and you can come over here and look with us if you want”
I didn’t respond because I wasn’t sure if that was a polite insult or she meant it, but either way I really didn’t want to get too close to them just in case they may be contagious.
They walked back over to the counter still talking amongst themselves and then she picked up the tester power bullet, “Tester? What is it?”
“It’s a vibrator” I said in response.
“It’s so small” She looked at it questionably.
“It’s for the clitoris” You’d be surprised how many people are surprised that you can use something for that part of the female body.
She giggled and the guy she was with said, “We don’t really need any of this stuff anyway” He said matter-of-factly.
“Yup” She said with a giggle.
“Her vibrator is right here” I wish I could take it back now, but that’s when I looked up, hoping he wasn’t going to be whipping out a vibrator in his pocket but to my horror it was so much worse than that. He moved closer and lifted his shirt. The spot he had itched earlier on his side he revealed to be a small rectangular device UNDER his skin. I was silently horrified. At first I thought maybe he and a pacemaker but those are usually over the heart, right? I had no idea what the hell that was and if it was actually used as a vibrator why would they decide to put it under is skin and not to mention, why was it on his side?! O-M-G!!!! This had to be one of the GROSSEST things I have ever seen in my life!!!!!
“You wanna feel it?” He said with a weird look on his face, his shirt still lifted.
“No thanks” I said as evenly as I could. I really felt ill.
“It’s not gross” She said with a concerned face as she looked at me. I looked away not wanting to be a part of this conversation anymore. “Seriously, it’s not gross” She said a little more angrily.
“Come on let’s go” he said and they both left muttering to themselves.
I was thankful when they left and I now kind of wish I had asked what the hell it was but am also kind of glad I didn’t ask because I’m sure I really really didn’t want to know what it was……

No comments:

Post a Comment