Monday, September 12, 2011

My Starschmucks Adventure

My Starschmucks Adventure

So as you can see this next blog is going to be about some place other than Love Lips. This awkward conversation/interaction happened at the world-widely known coffee establishment, Starschmucks. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to really blog about the place in question so I take a page out of Foamy the Squirrel by calling it Starschmucks and it’s obvious enough for you to appreciate the story. So anyway! This happened last week when it was miserable, cold, and wet. I was in Towson going to meet my partner after she got off work so she didn’t have t walk to her car in the rain. She was running over her scheduled time so instead of sitting in my car watching the rain (and probably fall asleep) I decided I needed coffee. So I went on the coffee hunt. Traffic sucked trying to get around the cursed traffic circle and eventually, a half hour later, got to my destination. I rolled down the window and breathed in the crisp cold air and the smell of coffee, oh so heavenly. I pulled up to the drive-thru window because the store looked more packed than the drive-thru. I saw the pumpkin flavored stuff was back and after seeing a lot of people on the FB feed talking about how awesomely wonderful it is I decided to get myself a medium pumpkin flavored latte.
“Welcome to Starschmucks, what can I get you today?” A younger dude said in a very surfer type way.
“Hi! I’d like a small pumpkin latte with soy, please!” I yelled at the box where the guy’s voice came from, traffic was pretty loud.
“How do you feel about whipped cream?”
I usually stay away from whipped cream on my coffee beverages because it  takes me a while to drink the whole thing and the milk in it changes the flavor after a while to something I dislike, it also doesn’t help I’m lactose intolerant. So being a good girl I said, “No thank you”
“How do you really feel about whipped cream?” He said in a funny voice, emphasizing on the ‘really feel’ part, which was kinda weird.
“Um….no thank you?” The voice he used kinda made me wonder if this was a bet to see if it bothered me but I figured he was probably a college student and like most college boys, was probably stoned so I wasn’t going to push my luck by asking him if he was OK.

 “Are you sure?” He said with the same creepy voice.
“Yup, thanks tho!” Who knows maybe he was asking because most “normal” people got whipped cream with it? Doubtful….but a girl can hope a stoned college frat boy wasn’t making my latte, right? So after shaking my head as I pulled out the correct change I slowly rolled up to the window and a stereo-typical blond college kid leaned out and told me the total once more. I handed him my change and as I waited for a girl in the background make my drink she saw me looking in the window at what she was doing.
She walked close to the window and leaned out and said in a creepy drawn out voice like the guy did and said, “So how do you reaaallllyyy feel about whipped cream?” Before I got to answer everyone behind the counter turned together and said together at the same time “How do you REALLY feel about whipped cream?” All I could do was laugh uncomfortably; I kinda was waiting for them to break out into song like a bad musical. But then the blonde haired guy leaned out the window gain and handed me my coffee, “Um..than—“
So how DO you feel about whipped cream?” He wiggled his eyebrows at me.
“I’m lactose intolerant so I don’t like it much because it’s makes me sick” I said flatly.
That answer blew the wind out of his sails because I wasn’t playing along apparently, “Oh, I guess you really wouldn’t like it…Have a good night!” He waved at me with a creepy smile as I drove away. I kinda felt like I was leaving the twilight zone and also kinda disappointed I wasn’t really actually in a bad musical by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment