Friday, September 9, 2011

CPCF- Mr. Anderson...

CPCF- Mr. Anderson…

Welcome to another Crazy Phone Call Friday (CPCF)! I was worried I wouldn’t have anything good to write about this week until the other day when I got a pretty interesting phone call. For the safety and privacy of the actually guy that called I changed his last name.
It was mid morning, slowly going onto 12PM when I had called the warehouse with a question, after being on hold for almost 10 minutes the call waiting started to beep, letting me know that there was another call coming in. Thinking that maybe it was someone from the warehouse trying to call me from another extension I hung up my call and waiting about 10 seconds for the phone to ring. I answered it in a chipper tone, “Love Lips, how can I help you?”
“Hi my last name is Anderson and I have a bill that’s due today but I can’t pay it on time”
“Excuse me?”
“I was waiting on my social security check and it hasn’t come yet and I can’t pay you today.”
“Um…”
“I swear I’m not lying to you! I’m not sure why it’s late but they did send me this letter”
“Um..Sir…?”
“Wait! I can bring you down the letter they sent me. I’m not making this up!”
“Sir I think…”
“I’m NOT lying to you, I have the letter right here in my hand, I will be down in a half hour if you’ll give me a chance to prove to you—“ …you have the wrong number? Let me finish!!
“Hey! Hey!! Hey! Hey!!” I said as loud as I could over his continued babbling to explain himself even as I yelled into the phone.
*~*Silence*~*
“Who did you say this was?”
“My last name is Anderson” He said in a small voice.
“Well Mr. Anderson, I think you have the wrong number, this is Love Lips…The Adult Store”
“WHAT?! This isn’t Carmax?!”
“No sir, this is Love Lips, the Adult Store”
“Well damn”
“I’m sorry! Good luck and have a nice day!”
Sometimes I wonder if people really listen to me when I answer the phone, it might save a few people from conversations like this……

No comments:

Post a Comment